Ownership attuned to your business and your people
By engaging us, you will benefit from
- the combined knowledge and experience of our whole legal team, most of whom were previously partners in international corporate law firms.
- our shared expertise derived from working with a diverse range of businesses in many different situations.
We won’t just consider your immediate needs but will also look at what could happen in the future
- If your company is sold, it will need to pass the buyer’s due diligence process. High on the buyer’s task list will be questions relating to your share scheme
- If you are planning to establish an employee ownership trust, you will need to consider what ownership pressures might arise in the future and how they can be addressed.
Choose us if you want the reassurance of working with a fully regulated law firm which asks all the important questions
How long will we take to do the work?
This will depend on what you want to do and how quickly you need it to be done
- An employee share scheme for your key people can often be up and running within a few days if it is urgent.
- A tax efficient share scheme, such as an EMI share option scheme, may take longer but can usually be completed within a few weeks.
- If you are involving employees outside the UK, making sure you are clear on local tax and securities laws may take additional time.
- If you are planning to retire from the ownership of your company and sell it to an employee ownership trust, the design and implementation work will be more extensive and it would be wise to allow for this to take a minimum of two months.